2012年10月2日星期二

Finding A Date On A Special Interest Site

Recently, I've looked into these special interest dating sites. Now normally, I figure it's not worth my time to mess around with these sites, as I would rather not limit my choices based on a single enjoyment I might have.

An attractive friend of mine convinced me otherwise. She's an avid horse enthusiast, and was really high on site she found, full of like minded people. I was reserved about the whole thing, thinking it was going to be slim pickings.

Boy was I wrong.

Not only were there a LOT of people on there, some of the women I found were quite beautiful. I couldn't fathom the interest being that strong, or being such a great method of connecting.

I spoke with my friend more. These people are serious about this, and we started chatting how this could present great opportunities for dating.

Here are a few tips to help you out if you decide to take try a special interest dating site.

1) Make sure you ARE interested.

If you join a site for horse enthusiasts, then make sure you actually like horses. If you are just trying to make time with someone while faking an interest, it will eventually blow up.

Understand that this is a big enough deal to them that they actually joined a site for that specific reason. Many of them join those specific types of sites for those type of people.

2) Make sure you know about the group you are dealing with.

If you join a site for dating as a role playing gamer, then understand it could possibly be hard for you to get a date. It sounds crazy, but the competition is fierce and there tends to be fewer attractive women with that particular interest.

There are exceptions, of course. You might find a gold mine. But don't just assume that a group will be easy to find a date in, without checking out things with them first.

3) If you are a dilettante, brush up!

If you are dating within these groups, take the time to brush up on the respective interest. If you are going to be dating this woman, and you know she's interested in horses or the like, then you already have a topic to discuss! This should be a no brainer. Spend some time focusing on this.

4) Don't assume that they are any different than you are.

This can seem to be a bit contradicting in terms of what I wrote above. Some of them might be a bit fanatical about their interests, but all in all, they are still women. Now, I could imagine that you'll find a few strange girls who can't talk about anything else, but they are rather rare.

An example is the BDSM community. They are just like everyone else. Don't assume they aren't normal people.

These sites can be much fun, and you can find some great success in them. Just make sure you really have an interest in what they are there for, and you should have a great time. Good luck!

没有评论:

发表评论